Friday, May 15, 2009

Totally Random Day

I woke up at 6:00am this morning and could not get back to sleep so I got up at 6:30am(meaning I turned on the TV and watched). The ironic part? IT WAS A DAY OFF FROM WORK!! I could have slept in. I don't even get up that early on work days!! I took advantage of the morning hours and cheesy TV to organize pictures for a scrapbook crop on Sunday and mark layouts in magazines I want to follow.

Then it was off to the commissary for some Sushi and then Hallmark for a card. Then it was to work(teachers had to work) for a groom's shower :) It was cool and he got a lot of nice stuff. After I hit the library.

Then I went to the post office to finally send my mom's Mother's Day gift and then out to Manhattan. I went to 2 thrift stores, Hobby Lobby, Hastings, Home Depot and dropped off books at the library. I also went to the new Bed Bath and Beyond and got a canvas storage bin for our livingroom clutter!! At Home Depot I got some more bricks and pansies and a tomato plant. I found an apple tree that I want. I saw my duplex mate there, too!!

Okay, so when i finally got home I planted a few more flowers and layed a few more bricks. Scout had a grand old time poutside and even decided to venture across the street and went all the way up to the door!! He is grounded now.

TJ and I went to the Chinese Buffet for dinner and then walmart for my pickett fencing and a hanging basket of pretty purple flowers :) On the way, though, we discovered a carnival!!! They do one every year near one of the car dealerships and I forgot that this is the weekend they do(coincidentally, my old church, St. Bruno's, in California, also does one at this time of the year, ever since I was a kid :) Anyway, I was so excited to see that carnival because it was just so unexpected!! We walked around it, but did not do or buy anything. Too expensive.

In a few minutes here we are going to go visit my friend, Mandy, who had surgery last weekend.

I need to catch up on blogs this weekend. I planned to do that all evening yesterday, BUT internet service went down in the area. Not just my carrier -- EVERYONE"S. Our school one was down, too. I confirmed it was a widespread outage when I called my carrier.

Oh, one more thing!!! My friend, Suzanne, in Texas, had her little girl yesterday. 7lbs, 10 ounces. Her name is Jenna Mae. Mom and daughter are doing fine.

No comments: