Monday, June 1, 2009

The First Day

Today I started my new diet and exercise plan as well as a structured schedule. I am doing pretty good, but of course it is only 12:30pm!! LOL

For this week I am pretty much going to follow the schedule I set up for while I am working and then just have my mornings free for errands or whatever.

My weight as of this morning is 185 pounds according to MY scale (I believe it is more kind than a doctor's scale).

I am enjoying a chicken salad sandwich and tomato and cucumber salad for lunch. For dessert I get fruit cocktail!! Breakfast was a little hard. The bran flakes and mushy not-yet-ripe banana was a little hard to swallow(ha!), but I did it. I just tried to imagine myself geting skinnier with every bite. LOL. It will be better when the bananas are more ripe!!

I have my snacks for the day in a container to keep with me and a bottle of water.

One thing that I will probably not do today is exercise. It is 95 degrees out -- too hot for a walk. My neighbor and I may walk to a tupperware party this evening. I plan on making up for the walk on Wednesday(it's supposed to rain tomorrow) and also swimming, which I probably won't get to do tomorrow. Instead, I will go bowling tomorrow. So the exercise is a little mixed up this week.

We had to go into Manhattan this morning and I went to the library and found out they have an adult summer reading program so I signed up!!! JC has one, too, and I will be going there tomorrow as there is a book coming out tomorrow I am hoping they have available. If not, I put my name on hold for it at the Manhattan library. I put my name on the list for a few books!!

Well, I now have an extra hour in my schedule that I would normally use for exercising so I am going to pay some bills and maybe read a bit.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

That's neat that they have a summer reading program for adults at the library!

Carrie said...

I wish our library had a summer reading program. Kids get the best of everything. Lol.

I started trying to excercise too. I walked a staggering three miles last Saturday. (Staggering because that's what I was doing by the end of it. I collapsed onto my porch afterward. Haha.) I'm still sore. I think I should have started off slower...I really don't know what I was thinking. But I'm just silly like that sometimes. :)

Jen said...

good for you!

starting is the hardest part. keep it up, you'll see results. I usually run just after sundown, it is cool enough, and I am the only one outside. :)

good luck!

Jen said...

p.s. I posted (on My Moments)what I normally eat for breakfast - it is just as healthy as your flakes, and much tastier.

Robyn :) said...

I'm going to check out your blog in minute, Jen!! This morning I had Alpha Bits. Frosted shredded wheat is on the diet plan and I figured Alpha Bits are about the same (lightly frosted oats). I think if I have some ripe fruit on the bran flakes, though, it will be better.
But I need to change it up every once in awhile and the parfaits sound intriguing!