Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Shoot-Out : Random

I have been wanting to do this for awhile, but never felt like I had time. Now that I am on a part time work schedule for June I thought this would be a good time to start. The remarkable Jen(who has been doing these for awhile) and Jessica(who got the idea from her) have been participating in the Friday Photo Shoot-Out and today I signed up!

This is the perfect week to start as the theme is Random and the person who chose it is also named Robyn!! Same spelling and everything. Follow the link above to see what other people have done :)

Okay, here goes...

This topic opens up all kinds of interpretations so I decided to focus on pictures from my May and June folders that I felt were random for one reason or another.

I have to start with my little Pooh (for any new readers his real name is Scout, but my favorite nickname for him is Pooh). I will randomly take pictures of him anytime as he just so darn cute!! In this picture he is straddling the window frame!!


I had brought home the yarn octopus from afterschool program(I made her) and won the carebear that day at the PX parking lot carnival. I wanted pictures of the 2 of them and I thought their noses were just so cute so I had to have a picture of them nose to nose.


I thought these clouds looked like pebbles. So cool!!


Sometimes I just like to take self portraits, the sillier the better.


A couple Saturdays ago I decided I wanted to take the scenic route to Topeka to get some pictures in some small towns along the way. Coming out of Wamego I was treated to 2 people parachuting!! This is the plane that carried them.


I originally included this picture because I had no idea what I was trying to capture so it was truly random!! If you look closely, though, you will see some white spots -- those are pieces of cotton from the cottonwood tree across the street. It has been shedding cotton and making it look like it is snowing!!


Scout decided that he wanted the leftover water in this glass, which involved him sticking his whole head in the glass!! The funny thing was that it had been sitting on the computer desk and he didn't touch it. As soon as I moved it to an end table he got right in!!


One of my favorite summer activities is attending collegiate summer league baseball games. Our team is the Junction City Generals. At any given time I will randomly snap a picture of my favorite player, Stewart Hoover.


Sometimes after the games they have fireworks. I have a firework setting on my camera. I never know what is going to come out as it takes a few seconds to process. I thought this one was cool.


Those are my random photos for May and June. Hope you enjoyed!!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Awesome random shots there! Welcome to the gang glad to have you join us. I love the cats head in the glass..........LOL

Jessica said...

How great! I'm glad you joined!! I especially love the kitty and the glass. :)

Jen said...

Love the cat in the glass too. And the clouds. :)

GingerV said...

I have gotten way behind on logging new gang members, next weeks topic is 'M' for sarah Lulu's new granddaughter.
http://serendipitylulu.blogspot.com/
you can almost always get the next topic via
http://fridayshootouts.blogspot.com/
as soon as it is chosen.
good luck and I'll watch for you