Friday, June 5, 2009

The Joys of Blogging

I love to talk about myself. I think I am interesting. I believe I am quite self-centered. However, I don't always like talking about myself with people because I feel like I am being self-centered. Like, sometimes I feel like I am talking too much about myself in conversations or whatever.

That is why I love blogging. I can talk about myself all I want!! Even if no one is reading because the IDEA that someone is reading is good enough.

Blogging also gives me a place to express my opinions without worrying too much about what people think. Of course they can leave comments, but since I am alone I can take the time to process it. If something is written meanly or disrespectfully I can delete it (or hide it because I still haven't figured out how to actually delete a comment. Hiding also gives me a chance to put the comment back up if it really didn;t need to be hidden in the first place. Ex -- overreaction).

On the other side of the coin, I also like hearing about other people and their lives. I am a very curious and nosy person. Reading blogs gives me the chance to get to know someone without asking a lot of prying questions. Or questions that might offend someone. People will put out what they want on a blog so you can get to know them on their terms.

That is what I love about blogging!!

Why do you blog and/or read blogs?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I honestly started blogging just as an outlet for myself. I never thought anyone would read it and still find myself very surprised when people actually do.

I love reading everyone else's because I love seeing the way others feel and think. A blog may catch my eye, but I only truly read the ones who put a lot of themselves into their blogs. I love how they encourage and inspire me. I love the feeling of being connected to others that really I would never have an opportunity to know.

Robyn :) said...

I don't think I have thought about it that way -- you get to know people you would not have known otherwise -- but it is so true.