Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh the Plans, they Are a Comin' Along!

Well, I stayed up way too late last night working on plans for our WATTNE and watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey about 3 times!!(I kept missing stuff).

Anyway, I got a lot done. I Mapquested the places we must see and then highlighted the routes on the maps I have. I also made a list of what we need to bring with us.

This is what the travel planning looks like so far...


I also went to Walmart after work for food for the party tonight and also bought some travel things....

Now, you may be wondering what the folder and post its have to do with travelling(you may have noticed them in the first picture, too). Well, I will tell you. That is my itinery/direction folder!! It is where I am keeping all the paperwork we need for our trip(like flight info, hotel, rental car, etc) as well as directions to where we are going and maps. There are also little pockets where I can keep stuff like tickets or other paper type souvenirs from places we visit to keep it organized!! It will travel on the plane with us and will also come on our day trips.
Once I have it organized and labeled and prettified I will post pictures.

I need a better name for it than Itinerary/Direction folder. Any suggestions? maybe trip organizer? That still doesn't sound to exciting (unless I can somehow make it into an actual name that stands for something!!). Or maybe something like Tripper? Trippor? (trip organizer) The possibilities are endless!!

Today I am going to put the folder together as well as Mapquest our Maybe-See places. I am also going to write out a tentative itinerary for each day(kind of a guideline for what we are doing) and I will share that in another post. Tomorrow I am doing the most important pre-trip errand of all -- filling my prescription for Xanax!! LOL. But I gotta be able to fly anxiety-free.

Anybody have any suggestions for planning or packing or anything? Jen, is there anything in the Delta Airlines terminal at the Detroit airport we should check out if we have time during our layover???

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow! Looks like you've got your planning under control! Have a safe and fun trip! :)