Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our First Day in the Ocean State

After arriving safely in Rhode Island after two very pleasant flights, we promptly collected our luggage and got our rental car.

It was a Toyota Yaris and we loved it. The whole weekend we only used 1/2 a tank of gas!!

Our first stop was the motel to unload our stuff and get ready for the beach.

Our room was on the corner and very nice. Quiet, too.

After getting changed and ready to go we stopped first at the Harley shop

It was not very big and kind of hard to get to as it was tucked away. I was not very impressed with it.

Next we went to the place I most wanted to see..

I was so excited. Unfortunately you cannot go in without an appointment, but I kinda figured that. I was satisfied to just see where the Ghost Hunters had their headquarters and get a picture.

Next we were off to the beach. I have not been to an ocean beach for a year and a half. Technically it was not an ocean beach as it was on a bay, BUT it had decent waves and salt water so I considered it an ocean beach.

Luckily, the storm clouds did not move any closer.

The first thing we did was get something to eat here...

I had New England Clam Chowder in New England!!!

TJ had nachos and chicken wings

We shared doughboys...

which are the greatest dough pastries ever made!!!

We had a great view of the shore from the patio dining area...


Next we hit the beach. The water was absolutely freezing.

That was about as far as I got, but it was very clear and there were all kinds of shells and creatures

I ended up throwing them back, though, because I did not have anyhting to put them in and TJ thought they would smell.

I was content to lay back on the beach and listen to the waves crashing against the shore. Then I fell asleep. For 2 hours. It was a pleasant nap interspersed with the sounds of the waves and children yelling(which would normally annoy me, but I was so tired from the Xanax I took on the plane that it didn't matter and just kind of blended in with the waves). During that time TJ said he took a walk and also just sat there.

I called my friend, Sue, to see if anything was going on. She told me she didn't know, but to call her back in an hour if I didn't hear from her. When we got back to the motel TJ put the TV on and I fell asleep until morning.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That pastry looks delicious. :D

(I'm starving right now. So that's probably why that's what stood out the most to me. Sorry. I'll have lunch before I leave you another vacation comment. Haha.)

Robyn :) said...

That's okay!! It really was good. Just dough and sugar like a donut, but so much better. I guess it is a good thing I don't live around there!