Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Adventures in Cats and Cooking

Well, things are going a bit better here on the cat front. China comes out of the cupboard more and has now even made herself comfortable on a couple of cloth bags on the counter(guess I won't be using those anymore!!) I am trying to figure out when will be a good time to shut the cupbaord off to her. I kind of want to wait until she is more comfortable with Scout so she has a safe place to go, but I also want to teach her that she cannot hide up there forever. She is still hissing and growling at scout, but not as often. Usually it isn't until he actually walks toward the cupboard or gets up on the counter. However, I was trying to get her to come up to the living room and he was in the closet. I had cat treats and she was about to come up when he came out and went after her!! I think he wanted the treats, though.

I have been cooking today. I made a batch of vegan cupcakes and then a vegetable frittata for dinner. It was really good!! I will be making that more often. I am running low on veggies, but plan to go to the Farmer's Market this Saturday and whatever they don't have get at the grocery store, going organic when I can. I also have some tomatoes getting ready to ripen from the bush I planted!!! The other night when we had the missionaries for dinner I made a vegetable stir fry and they loved it!! That felt good because I basically taught myself how to make it and it was good to get validation from someone other than my husband. He assured me, though, at the organic and natural foods grocery store, that he has been liking the vegetable dishes I have been cooking :) He doesn't complain about the change to brown rice and wheat bread and wheat bagels either. not sure what he will say about whole wheat pasta!! LOL.

Also, I got on the scale this morning and it was at 179!!!! I had gone back up to 182 last week so that was 3 pounds I lost!! I really do need to get those veggies!! LOL. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the gym today because my legs are SORE from what I did do on the motorcycle yesterday. I will go tomorrow no matter what, even if I am in pain. My husband is going on a 12 mile road march with 30 pounds on his back that has to be completed in 3 hours. I can do 40 minutes at the gym!!

If anyone has some good vegetable recipes please share with me :)

Oh, and might I mention I lost 3 pounds even though I ate a fried twinkie AND a fried milky way!?!?!? It is all about balance.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Aw, it sounds like poor Scout is a wee bit jealous. ;) He'll get over it soon enough. (Hopefully.)

Congrats on the 3 pounds!

...and btw, you reminded me of me a little in this post. When I feel like complaining about any amount of walking or exercise I'm constantly reminding myself of what Kyle's going through and telling myself that I'm just going to have to toughen up. haha.