Friday, July 3, 2009

Celebrating Life with the Friday Photo Shoot-Out

This week's topic for the Friday Shoot-Out is, you guessed it --- Celebrate Life!! So let's start celebrating!!

First of all, today I am celebrating more than just life. I am celebrating my life with my husband. It is our 3 year anniversary


Last weekend we celebrated the start of a new life for our friend, Ed and our newer friend, Sue

This week, she started her new life here in Kansas

I have been here for 3 years. Every year for the 4th the town just outside of Fort Riley -- Junction City -- has a huge celebration

Because of this assignment I have realized that because this coincides with our anniversary, this celebration can also be a celebration of our life we are creating together and the serendipity that led me here to this beautiful state and awesome town. The rest of the pictures will be from this celebration.

When life hands you lemons --- celebrate with a fancy lemon drink and free hamburgers!!


Sometimes life is hard...

(the capution monkey was beating the tar out of a plastic bottle)
But then you figure out how to get what you need


Sometimes life is lazy

And sometimes life is sweet


Sometimes life can be confusing


But life should always be fun


It is important to celebrate the lives of those who have been lost


and those that are living


But sometimes you don't even have to be living to CELEBRATE LIFE


Thank you, Doreen from Michigan, for such an inspiring topic!!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful photos! And Happy Anniversary!! Hope you all have time to enjoy it together.

Jen said...

Well done!

Happy Anniversary to you and TJ.
:)

Have a lovely weekend!

Ellisa said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a great weekend.

Kim said...

How fun was this post?! Happy Big 3!! I can't believe it has been 3 years today that I was messing up your wedding video! ;)

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your photos. They all brought smiles to my face. Ecspecially the one with the skeleton. Made me remember how he is decorated for every holiday. Too funny!

GingerV said...

nice shoot out and I liked your dialog, easy to read and fun. I look forward to following you in the shoot out and throughout the week.

Rebecca said...

Nice post...love the comments with the pics.

Zaroga said...

A beautiful set of photos! Congrats on your wedding anniversary.

Robyn :) said...

Thank you all for the comments :) I think this is the most I have ever gotten.

I will be catching up on everyone's blogs this week. We were quite busy yesterday and then we have a lot going on for the 4th today.

Grace Albaugh said...

Great way to use the theme. Fun shoot.