Thursday, July 30, 2009

Crazy Times

Well, things are getting really crazy around here!! At least to me it seems that way.

Let's start with yesterday. I decided to make the cupboard off limits to China. I figured it was better for her on top of the laundry cabinets. Unfortunately, I left another one open and she got in there while Scout was harrassing her and she had a little accident. Then she sat in the accident soaking her tail and then Tj got her out of the cupboard and she hurried to the other side of the counter flicking her tail. YUCK!!! That resulted in some late night disenfectant cleaning!! I gave her back her cupboard.

TJ suggested we put her up in my craft room, to which I agreed. So, today I have to clean it out somewhat and buy her a litter box. So she will be getting her own room until she learns to get along with Scout.

TJ had a 12 mile road march yesterday. In a road march you carry your assault pack on your back. He had to do 30 pounds worth. He was supposed to complete it in 3 hours. This is to see if he can qualify for air assaul school. He did not have any preparation time. He came in 30 minutes late -- not bad considering no preparation time, there were hills(the air assault school at Fort Cambell has no hills in their qualifying road march course), and he was in a lot of pain. His first sergeant(yes, that is the person I have had issues with) put him on a no PT profile for the rest of the week. Sweet. Then, today, when he saw my husband he asked what he was doing today. My husband told him whatever first sergeant wanted him to do :) First sergeant said he wanted him to go home. Until Tuesday. There is a range on Saturday, but first sergeant wants my husband to recuperate from the road march!! He earned some points with me. I also found out that there were guys who were dropping out after 4 miles so my husband really proved himself and I am glad that his first sergeant recognized that. BTW, it was first sergeant that recommended my husband go to air assault school. So, yeah, he is gaining major points with me!!

So, we planned on going to the last baseball game(home game, we still have regionals and world series) of the season tomorrow night. But, it has been brought to my attention that there is going to be a free showing of the movie, Mamma Mia, at the Crown Center in KC tomorrow night and it is also going to be a sing-a-long!!! Now that TJ does not have a range on Saturday we could go do this. I am desperately trying to convince him to go to this with me. Trying to make a day of it, possibly an overnight stay. He is protesting that it is not his thing(compromise!!) and he cannot really walk anywhere because his legs hurt. Yet he is planning on going on a bike ride later with a friend!! I told him if he is fine on the bike ride he can go to KC for the day.

So, that is my crazy life right now. What is going on in everyone else's life??

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you've been busy!

I have been too. I'm on a desperate mission to clean up my house. It's in a sad shape. Boxes from the dorm are stacked up everywhere. (Wasn't much point in unpacking when I'm moving right back over.) But they need to be organized so that we can actually live in our house. Lol. It's all been a bit overwhelming.

Robyn :) said...

I don't know how I make such a mess!! Honestly, I must have a slob gene, but not sure where it came from because my parents were extremely neat and organized. I think I am just really lazy.