Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ouchie

I am supposed to be at a motorcycle class right now, but instead I am typing this and watching/listening to the Michael Jackson memorial. Why, you ask? Well, because I fell of the back porch last night and twisted my ankle!!

We had friends over for a cookout and were playing Phase 10 in the backyard. Scout had been out, but wanted to go in. I had just put him in and was collecting his leash when I came off the porch too soon and landed on my ankle wrong. At least, I think that is what happened. I remember preparing to step off the porch and I think I was on the step. It is possible I may have tripped over the leash as well. Anyway, when i hit the ground I started saying "oh sh--" over and over (it was that or scream and cry). Luckily, one of our friends is a nurse!! She immediately went for ice and a towel. It hurt a lot at first and I felt like I was going to throw up. I was able to move it though. Embarrassingly, I kept passing gas!! I could not help it.

I was able to get back to my chair and we used the icepack TJ had gotten when his wisdom teeth were pulled and propped my foot up. I was still nauseous. We resumed our game and I took an Ibruprofen which helped immensely!! Eventually I was able to move my ankle more. However, later, when we went in and I was climbing stairs it hurt more. I learned that keeping it stable and elevated was the best way to go.

This morning it did not hurt when I woke up, but when I walked to the bathroom and downstairs it did. I told TJ to let them know I would not be able to take the motorcycle class(I could probably sit through the classroom portion today, but not sure about the actual riding tomorrow). I took another Ibruprofen and slept most of the morning. Then I read for an hour, then paid bills while watching the Michael Jackson memorial and playing on here.

And now, I must retire to my bed again because I have been without elevation too long and am due for another pill. And the icepack.

Oh, update: I swear, sometime this week I will have up the first round of Boston pictures!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

ouch! sorry. :(

if it makes you feel any better, i do that a lot. especially on stairs. i've jacked up my ankle a total of 5 times on stairs...

Robyn :) said...

Yeah, I've fallen down the stairs inside quite A FEW TIMES. And they have skids on them!! I almost fell down them this morning and banged my good ankle :( I swear, this house is trying to kill me.

Jen said...

ouch! hope you heal soon!

Happy 4th to you as well, glad you had a nice one.
:)