Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

In adult Sunday School(scripture study) at church today I saw something that warmed my heart and almost brought tears to my eyes in how sweet it was. I almost didn't go to church this morning because I was tired after a long day of motorcycle riding yesterday, but something told me to go and make the effort and I did(helped along by a granola bar and Red Bull). I am so glad because the talks were awesome, the lessons good and this sweet thing that I witnessed.

There is this one older(in her eighties, I think) lady at church who is such a sweetheart. She is short and slender with shoulder length white hair and a smile always on her face. She also has a high girlish voice and loves to give hugs(I said goodbye to her today and she hugged me just for that). Nothing I can say can really convey the sweetness of this woman. Another good word to describe her is cute.

Anyway, she was sitting with one of her friends 4 pews in front of me, when this older gentleman(in his nineties, I believe) came and sat close to her. Throughout the meeting they would occasionally hold hands or he would put his arm around her and she would lean close to him or hug him. They would also smile a lot at each other. It was the sweetest and most purest of courtship. It made me so happy to see and so grateful for going to church today.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hmmm, sweet, loving, always smiling. I know exactly who you're talking about. I adore her! Glad you made it to church today. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story. It warms my heart too. She trully is the sweetest most wonderful woman and deserves all the happiness in the world. :)

Robyn :) said...

I figured you knew who I was talking about :)