Friday, July 31, 2009

There will be a delay....

....in the Friday Photo Shootout for me!! I have one more place to go to complete this week's assignment :)

In the meantime enjoy a couple photos of our foster kitty and a totally unrelated amusing anectdote!!

She looks quite evil on top of the laundry cabinets....


But when China is in the cupboard she is a real doll!!



However, she was moved to my craft room last night to reside until she can get along with her brother, Scout. He is not too happy because he cannot go in the room with her. It is a girl's only room, except for Daddy, because China loves her daddy and he adores her.

So, this morning I was in bed flipping through channels and the Fort Riley channel was showing a ceremony of some kind. They were at the pass and review. I thought it was cool that they had taped one of the ceremonies this week. I went back after the pass and review(gets a little tedious) and then they samg the army song. I was hoping for the Cavalry Charge and sure enough, that came next!! A curious thing happened, though. During the charge they fire off Old Thunder, a big cannon. As they fired it off on TV, outside I heard a reverberating boom!! Turns out they were showing the ceremony LIVE!!!!! I had no idea as I had never seen anything on there shown live before. i was quite surprised.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Awwww, pretty kitty!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! She's gorgeous! :)