Saturday, August 8, 2009

Last Day in KC

We slept in this morning and checked out at 11am. Then we went over to the Toy and Miniature Museum on the UMKC campus. It was absolutely awesome. I found a dead pill bug, though, in a glass case holding a miniature set. YUCK. Leave it to me to find that!!

After, we went over to the Plaza to the Cheesecake Factory for a glorious meal. For an appetizer we had Wild Mushroom Crosini. For my meal I had a chopped salad and TJ had Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta. We both had cheesecake for dessert -- strawberry for him and Godiva chocolate for me. Both served with huge mounds of whipped cream!!

We then waddled back to our car and headed through downtown to the City Market. First we went to the China Market where I bought some pretty rice bowls, serving spoons and smaller sized dinner plates. Then TJ rested inside the Arabia Steamboat Museum building snackbar, while I ventured outside in 100 degree heat to the weekend Farmer's Market. I bought tomatoes, cucumbers, apples, grapes, nectarines and cherries, all for $6.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then TJ and I got a soda for the road and headed back home.

The cats were so glad to see us. I wondered if they had made friends in our absence and took Scout in to see China. I held him and she allowed him to come close enough to kiss noses, but then she hissed at him!! I backed up, then tried again and Scout rapid fire smacked her!!!! I guess he was mad she hissed after kissing him!! So, they are not friends, yet.

I am going to spend the rest of the evening in bed reading. This week I will try to post pictures of the trip(I know -- I still haven't put up all the New England ones!!).

No comments: