Thursday, August 6, 2009

Staring our KC Adventure

Note-- I will not have a Shootout Post this week. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

We had a very nice day coming out to KC today. Before we left, though, I went to the gym. On the way out we stopped in Topeka to go to the scrapbook store and then in Bonner Springs for lunch at the Waffle House. I had a yummy blueberry waffle and a poached egg. Then we went to Cabelas in Kansas City, Kansas.

After that we finally crossed the Missouri border on 435 South and checked into our motel. It is very nice for the price. The room is spacious and has a King bed. Not too many amenities, but there is a pool!! After relaxing a bit we drove up to the Plaza for dinner at the Kona Grill. I had edamame(steamed soy beans), clam chowder and 2 kinds of Sushi-- vegetarian and crab crunch. For dessert I had passion fruit creme brulee. After dinner we strolled around the plaza and checked out Barnes and Noble and the Body Shop. The weather was perfect -- balmy with a slight breeze.

After returning to the motel we took a twilight swim. Then we came back to the room and I took a warm bath and TJ played on the computer. Now he is watching Speed while I play!

Plans for tomorrow include the Harley Davidson plant, Union Station and Crown Center. Plus more swimming!!!

I go back to work a week from today!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like fun. :) Glad you guys are having a good trip.