Friday, September 25, 2009

Favorite Places at the Friday Photo Shootout

Hey all, this week's topic is "My favorite place to.........." I will have a mix of new and archived photos. The topic was selected by Cindy Go check her blog out.

I also recommend checking out Gordon's post this week as he put a very unique spin on it.

For a complete list of participants and information on how you can join visit HERE

Now, on to the photos...

We'll start with my favorite place to be in general (near water) as represented by my favorite place to relax in Kansas -- Thunderbird Marina on Milford Lake

Next I will show you my favorite place to spend Fourth of July -- Sundown Salute in Junction City

My favorite place to visit in Kansas City, MO is The Plaza

My favorite place to spend a summer evening is at a JC Generals baseball game at Rathert Field.

My favorite place to spend a fall Friday evening -- JCHS football stadium






My favorite place to eat in Junction City(besides IHOP and Family Buffet) -- Coach's(I am biased, though, because I know the kiddos whose parents own the place, plus one of the teachers at school works there)

My favorite place to grocery shop ever!!!(located in Manhattan, KS)

My favorite place to have a waffle(this one is in Bonner Springs, KS)

And finally a picture of my favorite place to buy an apple pie(these are being sold at the annual Apple Days Festival on Fort Riley)

Scout would also like me to include a picture of his favorite place to relax -- my bed!!

6 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

I love the waffle house. It's been about five years since I've eaten there, but I can recall the taste like it was yesterday. If we had one in Nevada, I'd be there every weekend. I like all of your favorite places. Those apple pies sound good too. It's so nice that you have a lake nearby. I've always kind of thought of Kansas as plain fields wihtout water. (blame it on the movies)

Great shoot out.

Barry said...

Some spectacular photos here of your favourite places. I was surprised to find lakes in Kansas as well.

No wonder Dorothy never wanted to leave home!

Robyn :) said...

Kansas is also not flat -- at least not in the Northeast Region where we live. It gets flatter out west.

We have quite a few lakes around here :)

GingerV said...

very nice contribution to our groups shots of home. I actually like you shots of the ball games.... oh home sweet home in America

Jen said...

Robyn, these are really good!

I can see why you scrapbook, you are awesome at photographing the memory moments...

well done!

Chef E said...

Great post, and now I want a waffle!