Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jewelry

Since school started this year I have been making an effort to wear jewelry everyday. Especially since I have been getting so much from Premier!! But I have a lot of jewelry so I am putting it to good use.

It gets noticed.

Last week one of the teachers commented to another that I was wearing the cutest jewelry lately. Necklaces specifically.

Several kiddos liked my Hello Kitty earrings. One girl really liked a pink medallion thingy I wore because it reminded her of something the Cheetah Girls would wear(oh yeah, i'm cool like that!!) and today she was telling me she wanted it and asking where I got it.

I got a lot of comments on the necklace I wore today. It is like a gold medallion with a deep red stone in the middle. One girl said she liked it or it was pretty. A boy looked at it and said wow. He may have even said cool. Another kid asked if it was a mood ring in my necklace(it has that shape).

So I guess the jewelry really makes a statement!!

I've also discovered that my hair looks best now pulled back on each side and secured in back with a barrette or scrunchie. At least I think so -- nobody has said anything.....yet.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

You know, I hardly ever wore jewelry on campus until Kyle gave me this adorable little silver necklace/bracelet set. I don't take those off now. (I have tons, I just hardly ever bother with it.)

But when I did wear it in high school it got a lot of compliments. More than anything else in my wardrobe...

Conclusion: People notice jewelry much more than I'd have thought. :)

Jessica said...

I'm so envious. I have this weird thing that anything less than 14K and even some of that turns me green or the earrings make my ears swell up.

I hate it. I love all the cute little jewelry like you are talking about.

Robyn :) said...

I'm sorry, Jessica :( You might want to look into Premier Jewelry. It's sold like tupperware. But I think they treat it so it is better for sensitive skin. The only thing that ever turned me green was my engagement ring from walmart!! It was all my husband could afford and I loved it, but it turned my finger green.