Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Waiting For the Call

Another wildfire has broken out in California. You can read about it here. It is near where my cousin lives.

They are also worried about the Station Fire, which is still burning, but 94 percent contained. And the possibility for more fires.

Why now? Well, because right now SoCal is going through a dry heat wave accompanied by dry Santa Ana winds. Prime fire conditions.

Why am I watching these so closely? Well, other than having friends and family that live out there(some who have been previously threatened), my husband is currently on standby to go out and help. He and 3 others from his company(and I believe soldiers from other companies)have their bags packed and are ready to go at a moment's notice. I do not know if at this point they need the reinforcements, but it is entirely possible.

So I will be following the fires and expecting a call.

I know a few of my readers are from California so any information you may have(like if there are more fires or the sizes-- whatever the news is telling you)would be appreciated.

No comments: