Friday, October 2, 2009

My Personal Nurse

Well, I ended up with a fever, chills, and body aches last night. I was able to sleep okay, though and felt better when I woke up. I debated going to work(no fever), but they actually sent a newsletter home yesterday for parents telling them not to send their kids to school until they have been flu free 24 hours without the aid of Tylenol or Motrin. I decided to follow that advice. Good thing because after sleeping all morning I woke up with another fever. And body aches. I have only had minor chills.

My little guy, though, Scout, has been a most excellent nurse. He hardly ever leaves my side. He is always there when I wake up. He periodically comes over to paw my face and give me kisses to let me know he cares and is checking on me. It makes being sick feel just a little bit sweeter.

I talked to a nurse at the doctor's office and they said that either the fever will go away on its own or if it is viral antibiotics will help it and I already have those!! So I don't have to go back or to the ER. Thank Goodness!!!!! I still hope it is not the flu, but it really feels like it.

4 comments:

Gordon said...

Hang in there. Brighter days are ahead.

Kim said...

uuuuuuuugh. feel better my friend!

J9 said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Nabeel said...

Well sorry to hear that you have a fever. But rest assured that your body is doing everything to fight it :) The chills and the sweat are all ways the body tries to cool down (fever = high temperature)