Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sunsets of the Friday Photo Shootout

Yes, I know it is Saturday and also the actual topic is Sunrises and Sunsets, by Sheri, but I am not a morning person(though I love the light of morning,I just don't like getting up) and when I do get up during the week I am busy getting ready for work and taking some kiddos to school(where I work!!) so I don't actually get to stop and take pictures of the sunrise!! So all my pictures will be sunsets(which I LOVE photographing) and some repeats from last week.

These have all been taken from my backyard. Since Kansas is somewhat flat we have amazing sunsets. These first ones were taken a couple weeks ago.




Still from my backyard with snow last April!!



From January. A little more colorful



From March -- this during our first barbecue of the season!!


Rainy sunset

Golden sunset


These are from Milford Lake last March. Milford Lake is a pretty big man-made lake northwest of here about 10 miles.



For more information on the Shootouts and how you can join please go here

8 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

You have some very nice photos here. They are all spectacular but my favorites are the ones from Milford Lake.

gigi said...

What awesome shots! Lucky you for catching such beauty.

Mary said...

You have some really neat shots. I like the winter ones best.

Jen said...

Wow - you really outdid yourself here!

In fact, I think you may have raised the bar - like a lot!

Great shots!

Carrie said...

I think it's just impossible to take a bad sunset picture. :) These are all so pretty!

GigiSxm said...

i can't chose just one, they are all great!

J9 said...

Love the one with the water tower in the shot!

Robyn :) said...

Thank you all so much!! Sunsets are my favorite subject next to my cat :)