Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Weather and the Friday Photo Shootout

I will have no archived photos this week. The weather here cooperated spectacularly for this assignment :)

This was Monday night....

Not so bad, right???

Well, by morning it had progressed to this....


Plus the roads were icy. It continued to come down all day and get deeper




And at night it continued







Then the winds came, too.

I liked what that did to my wreath :)


Wednesday morning it was like this....

The screen door was frosty!!

TJ had to shovel the snow.

He did a great job!!

I attemted to make a snow angel(but it came out looking like a crater!!)

My wreath looked prettier than ever.


Thursday I had to go back to work(for the story on our snow days go here) or you can see the NEWS REPORT), but afterwards I took advantage of the fact that i was all bundled up to play in the snow and take pictures like these...


It was up to my knees!!

But I found the grass

I was able to find a spot to make a halfway decent snow angel.

I wanted to make a snowman, but it was too powdery so I settled for a snow monster

There was also a nice sunset, which always looks awesome on snow.



Thank you, Emma, for the topic :) For more info on the shootouts please visit HERE.

20 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

Great post. I really like the first photo a lot and the one with the snow flakes. I also got a huge chuckle out of your snow monster. I loved it.

Ann said...

You remind me of my first white Christmas when I was 20. I was of course very excited to see the Canadian snow.

Thanks for visiting.

Doreen said...

for a while I was thinking you must be my neighbor! when you see my pics you will understand that statement. :-) great shots and fun post. have a great weekend!!

Kerry said...

Well, what fun! Enjoy your snow, and stay safe!

Jama said...

Wow, that's so much snow! keep yourself warm ok...

NanU said...

Beautiful, Robyn. There's always something special about the first big snowfall of the season.

GingerV said...

Oh these are wonderful - I sat in my room in the subtrapics and felt the snow... smell it too. what was that a foot of snow - I liked all the photos but the first with the eery yellow lite and the 3rd from the bottom were my favs...
enjoy your christmas season....

Rebecca said...

We got snow this week too...I didn't believe the forecast even when it smelled like snow. But is snowed before Christmas which is not that common for us.

Linda said...

We are beginning to think that Toronto is the only place in North America that hasn't been snowed under! We have a light dusting. But Robyn, you have so many photos of the snow around your place. You even get to play in it. Fantastic! Your snow angel is divine and your snow monster is too cute! You certainly have a marshmallow world!

We hope blue skies are smiling at you,
from Barry and Linda

Chef E said...

Ha great post! Now I feel like I need to warm up...I remember as a child we could not wait to go out and be the first to make our mark in the snow, but then you would feel bad that you had disturbed such beauty!

Sarah said...

Giggle loved it!! What a fun shootout!! I love making snow angels too!!
I love your header..giggle!! Sarah

Scriptor Senex said...

Wow Robyn, you certainly took advantage of the weather to get some great shots. I think my favourite is the one against the sun through the trees. I love the ones of the snow on the wreath as well.

shabby girl said...

Yeah, you got the weather! Love the snowflake photos! And the peacefulness of the last pictures.
I had to laugh when I saw the first snow angel pic! I thought, oh she has a dead body in her yard!

Mary said...

Brrrrrr. We had snow & sub freezing temps too.

Sandra Leigh said...

Mm-hmmm. What Mary said. (Brrrrr). I love the photos, but I'm glad we don't have any snow (yet).

REDLAN said...

I can say you captured every moment of the snowy weather over there. One photo here made me smile. I really love it! I chose it as my best photo of yours.

BTW, can I grab the best photo of yours that I like? I will make another special post. Thanks in advance!

Robyn :) said...

Thank you for all the comments :) I think that is a record for me!!

Redlan, you can copy whatever you like :)

A Scattering said...

I love the way you documented the progress of the storm. Did the snow monster scare the snow angels away?

Emma said...

Your post was very entertaining. I LOLed at your "snow monster." My favorite photos were the ones with the sun shining on the snow.

Pauline said...

I can't linger much longer at your blog, it makes me shiver! Love the sunset on snow - beautiful!