Friday, January 8, 2010

Fences at the Friday Photo Shootout

As it has been too cold this week to actually go out and photograph anything, my photos will be from my archives. The topic is FENCES, chosen by Sandra Leigh. For more info on the ShootOut go HERE.

What better way to start out a post on fences than to show you the actual building of a fence?! This is at our friends' home in Junction City. They wanted to build a privacy fence around their yard and found it would be cheaper to do themselves(after having someone dig the post holes). They were thrilled to find out that my husband had some experience in building fences!!!

Here are the guys mixing the cement for the post foundations

(my husband is the one on the left)

Here they are putting in a post

Before the fence started to go up

First section

Framework

Hubby working on the fence

I don't seem to have photos of the finished product!!

Here are some random fence photos..

Guard rail on a back road in Kansas

Wrought iron in front of the Seelye Mansion in Abilene

Bird on the railing(type of fence, right?) of the Huntington Beach Pier in California

Fence around the train at Knott's Berry Farm


That is all I have. Thank you for checking them out!!!

16 comments:

GingerV said...

Robyn, I enjoyed your fences. the bird photo is great but next week is 'BIRDS' so hope you have more where that came from.
have a great week - cold and all
(husband is a good neighbor and has a cute bum!)

Gordon said...

I can say great post for more than one reason. The "how to" of fence building had great post work, and your post was terrific. Good to see you, Robyn.

Robyn :) said...

Aww, thanks Gordon :) It has been a crazy couple of weeks, but I have an expected 4 day weekend thanks to 2 snow days!!

Ginger, I did not even look ahead to the topics!! I have more of that bird and will try to find some photograph in the snow :) I also think my husband has a cute bum :)

SOL said...

Usually fences divide people, but the building of this fence looked like it was leading to some male bonding!

NanU said...

Hi Robyn, I love your fence-in-progress.

Chef E said...

Ground up perspectives are always good, and I got to witness my son help build one in his younger younger years. Yes save some bird photos, gingerv is on top of things, or at least not a fence :)

Queenmothermamaw said...

Great idea building a fence. I love a new fence. Some like them better when they gray, but I like the new. I didn't know of next weeks theme now I do. Pop over for a visit I was late getting in too.
QMM

~JarieLyn~ said...

Great post, Robyn.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Your fence under construction is pretty good.

J9 said...

I like your take on the theme, showing a fence going up - I've seen this many times, but never thought to actually photograph it!

Pauline said...

Good to see a fence under construction. My favorite is the bird on the fence. I'm sure some fences are just made for birds.

Robyn :) said...

I forgot to say, but I actually took all the pictures and made a mini scrapbook for our friends with them :)

Thank you for all the awesome comments. I will get on over to everyone's blogs tomorrow :)

Doreen said...

good idea to show one being built, and they did a very bang up job!! awesome shot of the pelican on the fence. have a great weekend!!

Rebecca said...

I like the fence construction! That is different for this theme.

A Scattering said...

I'm so glad you posted about building a fence, that's the piece of the puzzle we were missing. Have a great week!

Jen said...

Awesome post Robyn - loved that you started with building a fence! How cool!