Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just The Beginning

My hubby has been gone for the past couple of days. He is here on post, but out in the field at what they call Gunnery. it means they are practicing shooting. And they have to stay out overnight.

This is the first of his training for this mission that has taken him away overnight. It was a good amount to start with -- 3 days, 2 nights. I still got lonely, though.

He left at 3am on Tuesday morning and immediately I felt like a part of me was missing. I was not happy to come home that evening knowing he wouldn't be there. Usually he is home before me, but even when he isn't I can always look forward to him coming home soon after. It was hard to go to bed without him knowing he would not even be home later. Yesterday was a little better because I went to a friend's house and was exhausted when I got home, but I still missed having my husband there. My cat was nice enough to take up his side of the bed, though to keep me company :)

My husband has been able to call me every night, which has been nice. He called earlier today to tell me goodnight because he would not be able to call later, BUT he believes he will be coming home sometime during the night so that is awesome :)

This is only the beginning, though. Soon enough he will be going out in the field for longer periods of time. Like a whole week or even weeks. In July he will be gone a whole month OUT OF THE STATE. Then, of course, there will be the year long deployment.

But it seems to be going in steps and I have made it past the first step :)

4 comments:

PixieDust said...

Shame, I feel so sorry for you :( My husband went overseas for entire month last year November. It was terrible for me!

Robyn :) said...

Where did he go?

PixieDust said...

Well, he went to Germany, Belgium, France, Wales and England. I was so jealous but we did not have the money to let me go as well.

He often has to go away for a week or so but those don't bother me anymore :)

Robyn :) said...

I think once something becomes regular you get used to it. Deployment is hard, but after awhile you are used to being on your own.