Thursday, January 7, 2010

Two and Two

So, this was my week -- 1 day extra of vacation(not really though as we started 2 days late), then go to work for 2 days, then have 4 days off. That's two days on, two days off, then the weekend. I like this. I like this alot.

Of course this means the school day will be lengthened soon to make up for the missed days, but who cares??? That's 5 less minutes in the morning standing outside and 5 minutes I leave earlier than the kids and can avoid everyone leaving the parking lot and driveway at once!! Unless they move my start time 5 minutes back. No problem. Or let us get 5 minutes of overtime everyday. Any way they want to do it, I like my "snow" days.

Oh, and did I mention that next week we only go 4 days and then get a 4 day weekend? Well, the Friday is an inservice day and i will be going in to type a report on a book i am reading, but still. Not a full day for me. Then, of course, the following week is only 4 days. Unless we get crazy weather warranting more snow days!! Then they may have to tack days onto the end of the year. Again, I am flexible.

My plan for tomorrow is to work on my craft room -- get it cleaned out and organized. I managed to do 4 closets today -- bottom potion of coat closet, same with my bedroom, all of the utility/emergency closet and the inside storage. Oh yeah.

In other news about my life, my cousin took her realtor to my mom's house and their assessment was not good. They are getting a contractor and other professionals to look at it, but we may need to just tear down the house and sell the land. As long as I can get a little something out of it I will be happy. I am going to buy plane tickets tomorrow to go out there in March for about a week to clean the house out. Gonna ask for some help and try to get it all done at that time so they can start doing repairs of it is salvageable. My cousin also knows someone who will go in and remove junk and has offered her a discount :) That will be for the garage LOL. it will all get done. I will also be taking stuff to storage and then hopefully TJ and I can bring it back in August. I also plan to go out in July to do what I can.

So that's my life at the moment. Up and down. Never boring.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I know of a contractor who works with our association. He's an honest man if you need another opinion. C*** though. I thought you could sell it as a fixer upper.

Robyn :) said...

It's gonna depend on what they find. I am not going to worry about it though