Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flying Away on A Wing and a Prayer

Anyone know what TV theme song that is from?

Okay, anyway, here are some pictures from the Friday my trip began.

This is me looking relaxed on Ativan(which really did not help with nerves once the plane took off!!)

Here is the ramp to get on and off the plane

Here is a view of outside from the gate area

Front of plane

Middle

The ramp connected

View from inside the plane

View of the back of airport from plane window.

We sat on the plane for an hour before taking off. There were bad surface winds in Dallas and they were closing down half the runways so we got delayed. The pilot said rather than unloading us all and then making us get back on we would just sit there. It was fine. I read a magazine.

I think there were only 2 babies on the flight. One towards the back that sounded like it was in another room and one a couple rows ahead that only cried when we first got on. Mostly college students going non Spring Break. Itr was a pleasant flight(after I took something stronger than ativan)

A snack once we were in flight

Can anyone identify or guess what I was watching on the Ipod?

Hint: look at the title of post and first question.

What I was reading and listening to.

View of DFW from the air.


I didn't get any pictures from the second flight because it was dark. However, I will say that it was the smoothest flight I have ever been on. I had to look out the window a couple of times to assure myself that we were actually moving!!

1 comment:

Richard and Edi Halstead said...

ohh I work at that airport, I remember that day, bless your heart it is not always that crazy..I promise/.