Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Week Behind, the Week Ahead

I had a busy week. Sort of. We ate out every night. I paid bills which involved paying off 2 credit cards and a good chunk of another one with insurance money from my mom. I figure it will take 3 more months to pay off the remainder or the sale of my mom's car. We will be at a point where my paycheck cn go directly into savings and we can just live off of TJ's.

We had an FRG meeting and learned about recources available to us. Unfortunately we had more soldiers than wives and girlfriends and those are the people who would have benefitted more from it! One of the leaders also put it out there that they will be deployed come November. I am not sure he was supposed to say that as there are no orders!! At another meeting they were careful to say and remind us that they would be "deployment ready". For a seasoned spouse like me, I have it in my mind that they are going in November. However, I know there are people out there who need to hear what the leader said, so overall I am glad he said it(I just hope he doesn't get in trouble for saying it!!). Another spouse also made the comment that once thye deploy us wives are all that the other wives will have (for support and such). While that is true for some, it is not true for me. I actually have a life outside the army. Mainly my work family, whom I get support from. Also scrapbooking friends. I do want to be a source of support for other army wives, who may not know where to go or who to turn to, but that is not my only source of support. And I do encourage other spouses to look for ways to become involved or find a life for themselves because if you center your whole life around your spouse and can't do anything without him, then when deployment time comes you will be very lonely. The army will always come first, but it is possible to have a life outside of it.

On Friday we had a date night and went to the movies. We saw the Bounty Hunter. It was okay, but I would recommend waiting for it to come out on video.

Yesterday I went to a scrapbooking crop in Google, KS. I rode up with Amanda(and if you are reading this, please send me a link to your blog because I cannot find it!)and we joined another scrapbooking friend there and made even more!! Somehow(actually, I know how, but it is Amanda's story to tell!!) we all gave each other special names. They are Candi, Cupcake, Sprinkles, Icing, Cocoa, Nutmeg, Sugar Mama and Sugar Daddy. We all plan to be at another crop in May and Amanda is making us nametags and our own personal tabletop, um, poles. I have ever laughed so much at a crop before!!

We arrived at the crop around 10 am. It was at Manor Conference Center at the Expocentre. There were horses in the parking lot. Apparently there was something at the arena and the other lot was full. We got our stuff in and I set mine up, then we left for 2 hours. We got cupcakes, went to the scrapbook store and Michael's and the mall and got lunch at Jersey Mike's. On the way back, driving along the side street of the expocentre we almost got hit by a horse!! Yes, this coboy came galloping out of the lifestock buildings and nearly ran into my side of Amanda's truck!! He didn't though. After getting safley back inside I did a few pages and a bunch of Easter cards. I got dinner at the restaurant in the hotel connected to the conference center(their awesome Basa Fish). Discovered a kid's wrestling tournament was going on in Exhibition hall and a bunch of unsupervised children were running around(a few had peeked in at the crop earlier). We stopped at Spangles for orange juice slushes on the way home.

Today I managed to make it to church. I did not get much out of Scacramet Meeting because it was quite noisy(yes, we have a young ward with lots of daddies deployed as someone pointed out, but if I can't really hear or concentrate then what is the point of going?) and a couple of young men sat behind us during sacrament(teenagers, not kids)and talked the whole time. I ended up going out in the hall to listen better and I held a baby. Gospel Doctrine class was good, though, so I was glad I went. Someone suggested sitting closer to the front because there are less distractions so I may try that next time.

This week is going to be busy. We have our final week of testing at work. Tomorrow night is a volunteer pack night with free pizza. Our school is being remodelled this summer so we have to pack everything and move it out. Tuesday and Wednesday I will be working on the livingroom and making Easter Baskets. Thursday I have the kids afteschool and need to finish up the livingroom. Friday TJ and I are going to KC to get our carpet. On Saturday we have General conference at church, plus I am going to a home show party. On Sunday we have General Conference again, but I am also going to go to the Presbyterian church for an Easter service. I also need to squeeze in a trip to Hyvee.

Anyone else having busy weeks?

3 comments:

Richard and Edi Halstead said...

just curious as to where in Kansas you are stationed, we are at Fort Riley, also getting ready for deployment this fall

Robyn :) said...

We are at Fort Riley. 1st brigade. 2nd Battalion 34 Armor Headquarters company

Amanda said...

here is the link to my blog
http://scrappycricutlady.blogspot.com/

Not much going on there right now lol