Thursday, May 27, 2010

And So It Begins....

Summer!! Summer Summer Summer Summer Summer! My summer vacation began today. As I did not get hired for summer school(none of my fellow Paras at my school did) I will have 2 1/2 months off!! Technically, I am unemployed and not guaranteed a job in the Fall, but I think I have a pretty good chance at going back.

Anyway, we only had a half day at school today and the only thing we did was have a talent show. A nearly 3 hour talent show. Longest talent show in elementary school history, but it was good.

As soon as the students left the fun began. We are having a rfenovation this summer so we had to pack up EVERYTHING to store either in giant storage sheds or at a climate controlled building. Most of it was done, but everyone was scrambling about to get their last minute stuff done by 2 pm. We were joined by workers from the central maintenance plan as they removed all the stuff being replaced and helped our janitors take stuff out to the storage sheds(I use the term "shed" loosely. They are mammoth metal boxes). I also scored 3 laundry baskets. They were used for much baskets and were going to be thrown away, but were in good shape and I can always use them for storage and organization so I "saved" them. Before leaving we all took a picture in front of the school and will take another at the beginning of the year.

I then went to lunch with friends and came home to take a nap. But first I had to visit with some friends for about an hour. Then I took a nap with Scout. I plan to make that a regular occurence :)

No comments: