Thursday, June 10, 2010

Realization

I was thinking about things last night and I came to a realization. It's kind of sad and probably not in the best attitude, but here it is...

I am really not interested in socializing with the FRG.

Let me explain. I do want to continue with my role as hospitality chair(if they ever explain to me what it is I need to do exactly and give me names and stuff to send people stuff) because I think it is important that new people feel welcome and "old" people receive acknowledgement on special occasions. I also want to participate in fundraising because I would like to have a ball. And meetings are important because you get info. But other than that I have no desire to do anything.

I'm basically talking about social events like barbecues and parties and stuff like that. I'm afraid there will be too much drama and too much will be expected of me. It's probably just all in my head, but really, I do have a life outside the army and also within the army, but outside my husband's company. I am friends with people in different companies, battalions and brigades. I don't want to be made to feel like I have to put the FRG and it's members first because in my life it is just not a priority.

I guess I could try and go to a couple things and see how it goes. I don't mean to have a bad attitude, but there are things I worry about, probably needlessly. My life is stressful and crazy enough right now!

No comments: