Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Second Chance

Seven years ago I received the gift of friendship with a very positive, warm, caring individual. I believe God trusted me to be the best friend I could be to this person at a time when he needed it. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. We let it go beyond friendship when it shouldn't have and messed it up. Big time. And it cost us that friendship. For very serious reasons.

It was(and is) the biggest regret of my life.

However, now that I am in a place in my life where I am much smarter, stronger, and supported, God has once again entrusted me with the friendship of this person. And because of the circumstances of my life(i.e. I am married and love my husband. And live several states away), it is not in danger of going beyond friendship this time.

Maybe one day I will tell the whole story on here, but I am not ready for that yet. For now, though, I will say that I am happy to have an old friend back.

No comments: