Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Food Past and Present

I am currently making my way through the recipes in my Naturally Thin book

Next up will be The SkinnyGirl Dish. Also, I will be trying out several recipes for Filipino fish soups using catfish. When I was a kid my best friend was Filipino and her mom made all kinds of wonderful dishes. One time she made this soup with catfish and it was the best tasting catfish I ever had. I thought all catfish tasted like that and was quite disappointed when I ordered plain old catfish at the Seafood Broiler! I decided to do a Google search and came up with several options.

While on Google I decided to look and see if I could find any evidence of the most disgusting food ever made. Well, guess what friends? Here it is...

The last time I ate these was in the 70's, when I was very young and I can STILL remember what they tasted like. I dreaded eating these vegetables. Once we took a trip out to my aunt's in Palm Springs(when we made my poor cousin on leave from the navy sleep on a lounge chair) and my mom told me that no matter what I had to eat whatever she served. I was afraid she would serve Birdseye Hawaiian Vegetables!! Luckily, she didn't.

What is the worst tasting thing you ever ate?

No comments: