Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm Here

I haven't really felt like blogging lately. Even with my 30 days of topics. Oh well.

My birthday was last Tuesday. It was the big 3-5!!!! I like it. Don't feel like I am getting any older. One of my friends is only a year older and calls herself middle aged on her blog. I do not consider myself middle aged. Far from it. Unless I am going to die at 70. Then I guess I would be LOL!!

I didn't do much of anything, but it was a nice birthday.

In other news, my probate paperwork was recently filed and I have to appear for the first hearing in October. The lawyer will be with me and after that he will be able to represent me without me being there. I was able to find some reasonable airfare and am going for 5 days. The hearing is on a Tuesday so since I had to take Monday off to fly anyway I went ahead and booked a flight for Saturday. Then I found out I would have Thursday and Friday off at work . Dang!!! I could have gone 2 extra days. Oh well.

I am staying with my friend, Bonnie. Hopefully she will not be on call that weekend. I have already told her I want to visit DASH in Calabassas. And I have begun planning some culinary adbventures. The Stinking Rose Garlic Restaurant is a must. I would also like to try Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles. For sweets there is Spudnuts and Sprinkles Cupcakes. Of course I will be going to Tony's for pizza as well.

I have some plans for Halloween, too. I finally have neighbors who are into decorating so we are each going to be doing up our sides of the carport. Their's will probably be spookier, but it will be fun to do!! Supposedly there is going to be a party at someone's house, too(not sure on the day) but I am not feeling that.

Speaking of neighbors, ours got another little puppy to keep their puppy company. From the same litter so they are brother and sister. Scout checked her out, giving kisses and letting her sniff his butt. All was good until both puppies rushed over to him to play, then he got a little frazzled and hissed. He's such a poo!!

That's about all I have to talk about right now.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy birthday! 35 was a great year for me...I loved it too!

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog!

Glad you're back in the blog world. :)

GingerV said...

I loved me in my mid 30s to late 40s then I started morphing into and old lady bitch. I graduated university at 47 - took a job just like I'd left to do my last two years full time... then another job also as bookkeeper but ended up an office manager - then left it all at 52 to go to Brasil with Camillo. being in Brasil has been good and bad for me.... well thats another long story.
I like your lists and other personal info.... I am enjoying following your 30 days