Saturday, October 16, 2010

Coming Soon

A week from today I fly out to California for the 3rd time this year and the 4th time in a year. I moved away 7(yikes) years ago. It took me 3 years to go back to visit. Then I went again the following year. Then 2 more years went by and my mom up and died, necessitating this 4th trip out there. Whew. The first one was for her funeral ans such, second was to clean most of the house out, 3rd to get the stuff I put in storage and now this one to go to court for the probate hearing.

Thus, this trip shall be called the Probate Trip. It will not be all business though.

On Saturday after Bonnie picks me up we are going to Halloween Haunt at Knott's Berry Farm(or Knott's Scary Farm). This is the epitome of amusement park Halloween festivities. All the places that now have Halloween themed events(like Fright Fest, Horror Nights, etc) got the idea from Knott's. They started it.

I have never been. I was too chicken. But now I believe I can handle it and am quite excited to go.

No plans yet for Sunday but am hoping to go visit DASH in Calabasas. Monday i will head down to Whittier. May meet with the lawyer that day. If not I may try to schedule an inspection of the house. Will stay with my cousin and take her out for dinner.

Tuesday morning is the hearing. Not sure what I will do the rest of the day. Maybe go to my mom and dad's grave. Wednesday I leave.

I am anticipating one more trip after this one to sell the house. Then , after that, it will simply be pleasure trips that we(or I) make.

No comments: