Sunday, October 24, 2010

Probate Trip Days 1 and 2

I am having a good time here in California. Getting here was a bit of an adventure. Our flight was late taking off because no one showed up to fuel up the plane!! Then, once in Dallas, they had trouble connecting the jetbridge to us. 30 minutes and a moving the plane back and forwrd twice later we were nfinally able to deplane. Luckily I had enough time to make my next flight but some other people weren't so lucky.

I flew into Burbank Airport. I thought it was bigger, but it is quite small. It has 7 airlines, but I think that is pushing it for the size LOL. They have one baggage claim that only goes along one wall and there was a horrific line that I can only assume was for security to get to the gates. We will see what happens Wednesday morning, but I am thinking I should just stick with LAX.

Bonnie has a really nice apartment. I actully have my own "wing". Seriously, the bedroom and bathroom are on the opposite end from hers and have their own hall. I feel spoiled :)

Yesterday we went to the Halloween Haunt at Knott's Scary Farm. We got there a couple hours early and got realy close parking. There was a very small line for the Chicken Dinner restaurant(because the regular park hadn't closed yet) and then after we got to go into the Haunt early. It was so much fun!! At first we were getting startled and scared left and right by characters because there weren't too many people there yet. When there is more you are not such a clear target! We were able to do all 13 mazes(2 of which are regular rides made scary) and see a show. We began to get used to and know what to look for in the mazes after the first couple LOL. It was a really fun night.

Today we slept in and then went down to Torrance to take Bonnie's mom out for her birthday. We went to an awesome Chinese restaurant. After we came back so i could get a rental car, then we checked out DASH in Calabasas. It was closed, but we peeked in. And took pictures in front. Then we went to an all you can eat sushi restaurant.

On the agenda tomorrow is driving to Whittier. I am going to take a detour through Beverly Hills to get Sprinkles Cupcakes and then probably drive through Hollywood. I am going to take my cousin out to dinner tomorrow night.

The weather here has been weird. Cloudy yesterday(but really cool for the Haunt. Clouds and a moon--spooky), sunny this morning, but then got cloudy and then rainy. I hope that stops. I plan on wearing shorts tomorrow no matter what!!! LOL

No comments: