Thursday, October 28, 2010

Probate Trip Days 3

On Monday morning I did a bit of sight seeing. I took the 101 to the 405, over the hill and got off on Santa Monica Blvd. I drove past the beautiful LDS Los Angeles Temple(my favorite)and then down into Beverly Hills. I stopped at Sprinkles Cupcakes(after circling the block 3 times because I kept missing obvious parking spaces!!) and got 4 cupcakes and a coke, which came in a long skinny bottle. The girls that worked there were incredibly nice. So friendly and sweet. I don't know if that is the norm in Beverly Hills or a standard for the store(they are a chain), but I was impressed. The cupcakes are delicious, but not as good as DaddyCakes in Topeka.

Since I had a little extra time on the meter(which took a credit card!) I walked a little ways down Rodeo Drive and took pictures. Then I took the car and drove up Rodeo. I saw other tourists taking a picture of a fancy car in front of one of the designer stores. Then i got back on Santa Monica Blvd and then took something else south. That brought me to Melrose so I drove down there. Then I went south again and ended up at Wilshire. So I headed East.

I entered what is called The Miracle Mile, which I did not quite realize was also Museum Row. Or the west side of Los Angeles. I was stunned. I thought that was further south. I didn't realize just how close Beverly Hills is to Downtown L.A. I thought it was up north by Hollywood, but it is southwest of there. You learn something new everyday! I took a nice tour through Downtown. Went through Koreatown, the Fashion District, Historic Downtown, the outskirts of Little Tokyo(saw the California Institute of Sushi), the Toy District and then a bit of the industrial side. I picked up the freeway there.

I headed on to Whittier, then. Drove through uptown and the Friendly Hills. Went to Tony's Pizza for lunch and then to Sees Candy. Then I spent the afternoon at my cousin's chatting, looking at her vacation photos and watching ABC soaps. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Mexico 1900 for dinner and I had an enchilada of course. After dinner we went back to the house to relax and watch Dancing With the Stars :)

Tomorrow I will tell you about court, the house, the cemetery, the malls and exploring the Valley with Bonnie.

No comments: