Sunday, October 31, 2010

Truth is Stranger

Day 14 of 30 days of me is a non-fictional book. The one I have chosen I feel is befitting of Halloween as it is a horror story of sorts.

The book is In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. It is thought to be the first true-crime book. Written about real events, but in a prose sort of way. It is the story of the murder of the Clutter family of Holcomb, Kansas. I couldn't put the book down at first, but life got in the way, so now I am finishing it up slowly, but am glad because it is such an awesome book and I don;t want to rush with finishing it.(that was a really long sentence).

I don't want to give the details of the book because I could not do it justice, but I highly recommend it. It is fascinating, but morbid. Not overly graphic, but it does describe certain things in detail to give the reader a good understanding of what happened.

There is a movie, too. And a movie about Truman Capote.

No comments: