Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hobbies

Day 20 is a hobby I enjoy(or something like that).

I have several hobbies. For one, I love to read. I also like to write and to blog, obviously. I enjoy taking pictures like these I took of flowers

Mostly my hobbies include crafting. As a kid I started out doing latchhook and then learned cross-stitch or needlepoint. Nowadays I like to sew pillows(my current one is a Mickey Mouse Christmas pillow and then I will move on to presents for a few people.) or knit

using this handy little tool..

I am currently making a light blue scarf.

My biggest hobby, though, is scrapbooking

(and card making)
I started out years ago making scrapbooks for other people, then doing theme ones for myself and finally started to just do yearly ones. After getting a digital camera and then taking mass amounts of pictures it looks like I may be needing to do regular photo albums for awhile and just theme scrapbooks for now LOL!! I also use my scrapbooking skills and supplies to make or decorate other things like these snack tins I did today..


I come from a family of crafters. My grandma and mom used to make ornaments for family members. They both sewed. My dad worked with leather and wood and also had an impressive model train set-up.

What hobbies do you enjoy?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So, I have to know what your knitting tool is! I just taught myself to knit. I'm not very good at it, but I enjoy it and that thing looks awesome! :)

Robyn :) said...

I can't remember what it is called but you can find them in the knitting aisles at craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Joann's or Michael's. They come in different sizes. They basically just make scarves and hats, though.