Sunday, November 21, 2010

Recipe Time!!

Day 21 is a recipe. I will share a couple I invented and then tell you about my Thanksgiving menu and plans for Christmas baking.

The first recipe I invented is Midnight Enchiladas. I was watching the movie Fools Rush In late one night and Matthew Perry is at a Mexican restaurant with a huge feast before him. Well, I started craving some Mexican food. Luckily I had some stuff on hand and Midnight Enchiladas came to be.

You will need, tortillas, shredded cheddar cheese and enchilada sauce.

Preheat oven to 325 or 350 degrees. Fill a tortilla with cheese and add some enchilda sauce. Roll up and put in a pan. You can do as many as you like. Once you have filled the pan, sprinkle with cheese and sauce. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until cheese inside is melted. Yum!

The second recipe is Spaghetti Sauce. Not sure how I came up with this one. Anyway, you will need a can of muchrooms, can of tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic and seasonings of your choice. I like to use oregano.

Saute the mushrooms in olive oil. Add garlic(as much as you would like). You can also use garlic powder. Also, you can add chopped onions if you prefer. Also add seasoning. In the meantime, start heating up the tomato sauce(you can also put seasonings and garlic in here). When you are done sauteing, add to tomato sauce and heat for an additonal 5-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta.

Simple, no?

Okay, so for my Thanksgiving dinner we will be having Turkey Breast in a butter-salt-pepper-garlic powder-onion powder glaze, Pepperidge Farms stuffing(cooked with the turkey), sweet potatoes, creamy mashed potatoes, cranberry mold in the shape of a can, maybe some roasted carrots, baked apples, a salad, Pillsbury biscuits, pumpkin butter and a pumpkin pie.

For Christmas, my baking plans include a Buche Noel, Kolachky cookies, sugar cookies with sprinkles, Linzer cookies, Vienna Tarts, and Noel Nut bars. It will be my first time trying everything, but the Kolachkys and sugar cookies, BUT for the first time I will be using potato water for the Kolachkys. I have found the recipes in Family Circle and Good Housekeeping. I am also planning to try candy making.

For Christmas a few years ago I received a penguin plate and cup set. I have decided to use them this year for gifts bearing my baked goodies :) I do not do a dinner for Christmas. Instead we go to the Family Buffet chinese restaurant :)

Later I will share my Thanksgiving and Christmas cookie recipes with you.

No comments: