Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Blues

I am still not ready to give up the 2011 in my titles LOL!!

Anyway........I think I have been depressed this weekend. I say "think" because it has not presented as you would expect depression to with tears and incredible sadness. Instead it has manifested as extreme tiredness or lethargy, a feeling that I didn't care about anything and just plain apathy.

We went to Manhattan to run errands yesterday. I found a little joy in that. Especially having a Jimmy Johns sandwich. But I did not want to go into the library, halfheartedly looked for stuff at Hobby Lobby and went through the motions of getting groceries at HyVee. Even fresh oysters could not elicit the proper excitement.

After we came home, TJ went to his friend's to play Risk and I stayed home. I watched Mystic Pizza and then a combination of The Exorcist, Coal Miner's Daughter and The Bachelor, without mych enthusiasm for any. I also tried to read. I really didn't feel like doing anything and just didn't care.

I guess it is just my body's way of adjusting to the news I got on Friday. I am feeling a little more optimistic today. Looking forward to the coming snow. Enjoyed church and am going to make soup this afternoon.

So, we will see what happens.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

If a trip to Hobby Lobby can't lift your spirits, it's definitely depression. (Just kidding. A little...) It sounds like you've been doing a lot of nifty things! Get those spirits up! Whatever's keeping you down can't last forever... ;)

~JarieLyn~ said...

I get very lethargic when I am depressed. I just want to sleep it off. Anyway, you look great in your photo header, very joyful and fun. Just force yourself to get outside and go on a photo hunt or something. It'll make you feel a little better.

Robyn :) said...

Thanks guys :) I am feeling much better today.