Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FlyLady Journey 2011 -- Day 2 (UPDATED)

Hello all!! Today's assignment was to get dressed to lacing shoes or something like that, Basically, get fully dressed with shoes tied or fastened. Since I have a job I HAVE to do this everyday anyway. So instead of adding this, I shined the other half of my sink.

Let me explain what shining the sink entailed. For the first side I soaked it in bleach water for an hour. For the second I washed it out with bleach(it would not hold water). After rinsing thoroughly I washed both with Comet(you must rinse thoroughly between each step or else you may be making poisonous gasses with the different chemicals!!). Rinsed again thoroughly. Then wiped with Windex. She suggested buffing with a Brillo pad, but I do not own a Brillo pad(I will try to remember to buy one). Another tip was to shine with a bit of Olive Oil so I did this. It looks really nice now :) You also need to wipe it down daily after it is emptied.

In the near future I am planning on showing you the different rooms on my house and the organizing and decorating I do.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention my zone cleaning. It was clean out your sock drawer day. I already did that(and donated the mismatches to afterchool program!!).

To check out FlyLady go here

For more cleaning and purging inspiration, check out my friend, Kim's, blog. She cleaned, purged, and organized her whole condo and is now working on her garage :)

UPDATE: I forgot to mention my zone cleaning. It was clean out your sock drawer day. I already did that(and donated the mismatches to afterchool program!!).

No comments: