Monday, February 28, 2011

Anxiety Inducing Reading and A Goofy Website

My cousin sent me the inspection report she had done of my mom's house last week. I don't think I have mentioned it, but she is interested in buying it, flaws and all. So she had an inspection done.

It wasn't good. Which we knew anyway. I couldn't make it past the first few pages. I knew that if I really studied it I might go into super anxiety mode. However, the fact that is, um, discouraging, completely justifies the amount I am thinking about asking for it. I also can send it to the realtor because I think she is thinking I can get more and I am quite sure I can't.

Oh, and have I mentioned that it appears someone or someones may be getting in the house and possibly staying there?

Yeah, I am ready to get this thing off my hands. And if my cousin can bring it back to life and restore it to it's former glory providing a beautiful and spacious home for herself and her children, then all the better!!

On the opposite end of the reading spectrum(and to lighten up this post), I came across this fun little website

Gubler-land

and by came across I mean I looked up my favorite show on IMDB(internet movie data base) and all the actors and actresses on it and found this under my favorite one :) It's quite random, which is a perfect recommendation for me to be giving, right? It's neat if you like fun drawings, anyway. And randomness. Or the artistic talents of really cute former male models who now play really cute geniuses on TV. :) You're welcome.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I can tell you as someone who has been on my association board and dealt with some of these issues, don't worry about termite damage and dry rot (I think I mentioned to you that I saw it when we went there one time after your mom passed.). That's a cheap fix. I don't care how severe it is. It's a very cheap fix. Oven doesn't work? It can be fixed. Some outlets don't work? Easy fix. Now if the house is going to fall down at any minute due to other issues, then you may panic...
Forward the report to the realtor, as I'm sure you're going to do. She may want to get another inspector out there. In fact, if I were you, I'd do it. Inspectors are as different as night and day. I would be curious to know if the inspector your cousin hired crawled around in the attic. Did they go under the house? Or, did they just walk around and make snap judgments? (Some do that. I can tell you that back in the day when sales were rocking, some inspectors would run the garbage disposal and get the check and leave.)Frankly, I think you really need to trust the realtor. She has years of experience and didn't she tell you she had a huge number of people who wanted a fixer upper?
I have something else to tell you about this that I will make a mental note to tell you the next time I see you on FB.

Robyn :) said...

They did a pretty thorough inspection from what I read from the report. It doesn't appear that it could collapse at any time LOL!!

Kim said...

Since it's not gonna collapse then charge, baby, charge! LOL. Seriously though, you need to get as much money out of this house as you can. You need to think about taxes after this house gets sold, plus commission, which can be as high as 10% of the sales price.