Sunday, March 27, 2011

Organized Refrigerator(UPDATED)

Ask Anna had a post this week on refrigerator organization. She asked for readers to link up their own refrigerator transformations and organization

I took this as a challenge and inspiration to get my fridge in some kind of order.

(UPDATE -- Wouldn't you know that Organize With Sandy is doing a series on organizing your refrigerator and pantry this week as well?? How is that for timing LOL. You can read about my Pantry Organization Here. Now on to the fridge makeover!!)

I started by buying (except for the bottom tote. It was on my counter, but I bought a red tote to replace it!) some containers at Dollar Tree. I decided I wanted green in the fridge.

Before


It wasn't too bad because I am running low on groceries. Payday is Friday and I will stock up then. Before, though, I got some organization going!! I also cleaned it up with some Shaklee as I went. I also labelled expiration dates with a Sharpie to see them better.

Here are the Afters.

Door

Butter and anchovy paste and garlic in the butter compartment. Lemon and lime juices(and a lemon. They ended up in a blue container later), baking soda(which I later moved to the top shelf of fridge)orange marmalade and carob chips under. Milk(right now I have chocolate, lowfat and rice) next to that. On the bottom I have all my asian flavors together and then vinegars and other marinades, plus some grenadine syrup.

Cold snacks like olives and pickles in the basket, apple sauce on side(I use it for baking more than a snack)

Beverages(except milk)

Dairy shelf. Butter and yogurt in one container. Cheese in the other.

Egg and cookie dough shelf

Meat drawer

Tote with sandwich fixings

Condiment Basket(I need a smaller bottle of ketchup)

Redone door

I put all the citrus in a blue container.

I still want a couple containers to use in my vegetable and fruit drawers. Plus, I need to figure out what to do with this


I am thinking a few blue containers :)

The beauty of using containers is that I can take things out and move them around more easily to store whatever I need to :)

I am linking HERE

AND



AND HERE

12 comments:

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

your fridge is so full! We are in desperate need of cheese right now, haha.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Robyn :) said...

LOL. The containers make it look full, but I did add some tupperware today with meals for the week :)

Jennifer said...

love the idea of the totes and organizers in the fridge! I might need to implement this super soon!!!! =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

That corgi :) said...

that is a good idea with the totes in the fridge; never thought of that nor of marking expiration dates with Sharpies! looks good!!

betty

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow you really got organized. Using the totes is such a great idea. Really like your blog!

Amanda said...

I think I would drive myself nuts with the totes in the fridge lol :O) Oh and I am thiking about making an OWL card today lol

Robyn :) said...

Amanda, you are very brave LOL.

Sandy Jenney - Organize with Sandy said...

lol.. that is funny.
I did something very similar too!
Thanks for linking it to my Organizing Mission Monday link party

Leanne said...

It looks great. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

radn@HouseonAshwelllane said...

That is an organized refrigerator! Baskets make everything look neater!

I am having a giveaway on my blog. Just leave a comment to win a $27 store credit to get a fabulous organizer!
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/05/27-store-credit-from-cmmocas-handmade.html

Anonymous said...

Hi. Your Fridge is very well organized. I just want to tell you that putting your milk in the door lessens the shelf life. I noticed we would buy milk and it would go bad before the expiration date if left in the door. Now we keep it on the top shelf as close to the back as possible. We usually get a week after the expiration that way.

Robyn :) said...

Thank you for the tip! Since this post we have moved and my fridge is not so organized at the moment lol. Since my door is a bit different, when I do buy regular milk it usually goes on the shelf. If I get soy or rice in a nice little box that goes on the door, but I think I will start putting it on the shelf, too, just in case!