Thursday, March 17, 2011

Random St. Patrick Day Thoughts

Our kindergartners put on an Irish themed show for us today. The first song they sang was Danny Boy. Probably the most least depressing rendition you will ever hear.

I realized for the first time that the line "the pipes, the pipes are calling" does not refer to some kind of eternal plumbing system, but bagpipes.

I did not know bagpipes were Irish, (thought they were just Scottish).

A friend enlightened me when I posted on Facebook my confusion as to why cop funerals always seem to have bagpipes. He explained that back in the day most cops were Irish.

I was watching a cop funeral on Criminal Minds. This one lady said the sound of the pipes haunted her and that cop killers should be forced to listen to them continously.

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!! Listening to bagpipes as punishment and torture? Brilliant.

I hate bagpipes. And instead of disgracing just 1/8 of my heritage(Scottish), I am disgracing 1/4(because I am also 1/8 Irish).

I made fried potatoes (in honor of Ireland) and Shrimp Scampi (because it kinda sounds Irish) for dinner tonight.

I will only make fried potatoes with potatoes from a can, not fresh. They taste better from a can.

My home projects for Spring Break are:
1. Clean out and organize outside storage
2. " " " " front closet
3. Clean bathtub and both bathroom floors
4. " kitchen floor
5. Take down St. Pat's decorations and put up Spring and Easter ones.

Who else is on Spring Break next week?

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

not on spring break though I think you have great plans for yours!! I'm sure you will achieve your goals!!

I like bagpipes. I went to a high school that had a Scottish theme, we were the Highlanders. I always got a lump in my throat when the bagpipe band would come out to play.

hope you did have a nice day however it was spent

betty

Robyn :) said...

Betty, did you go to La Habra High School?