Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Scheduling My Way



This week's challenge is to organize our schedules.

Now, I have tried making schedules for years, but I never stick to them. Probably because I make them so rigid. So I decided to try a different approach. I started with a schedule for this week's Spring Break


I used Spring colors to color code it :) Basically I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish and things I wanted to do everyday. For the one and done stuff I changed their color to black once they were done.

Then I made one for the rest of the school year. Instead of blocking out certain times for stuff I broke it up into what I need to do before work, while I have Miss K, and then the rest of the evening.

I listed some basic cleaning chores that can be done daily or every other day or bi-weekly, etc.
My goal is to complete everything on my evening list before I go to bed

Of course some days will be different. We may go grocery shopping or out to dinner or have a church activity or something.

I also listed my laundry schedule(which is the same schedule I had growing up, LOL)

I also included what can be done on weekends

When my summer break comes I will make another schedule that works for that time.

I am linking to

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Robyn this looks great! I totally need to take a tip from you and do this! I'm in diiiire need of some better organization!!!!!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Becky@Organizing Made Fun said...

You did a great job! I'm sure that you are learning that flexibility is key - I know I change my schedule from season to season! I don't always get to everything I need to for that day, so I don't worry about it and just finish it the next week or so!

Becky B.
www.organzingmadefun.blogspot.com
Organizing Made Fun