Thursday, March 24, 2011

Weekly Challenges Completed

I am participating in this....


at Clean Mama

Week 3's Challenge(which was last week, but my break was this week so I'm late) was to pick 3 things you have avoided cleaning and clean them.

My 3 were
1. Tupperware cabinet
2. Bathtub
3. Kitchen Floor

I did do the Tupperware cabinet last week(read about it HERE), but saved the bathtub and kitchen floor for this week, while I was off work. I am warning you now, the before pictures may be a little disturbing. Just like(you know what's coming...)..... Criminal Minds episodes!!!! LOL

First up, bathtub!

Before

Okay, most of this was due to the fact that it was not draining properly. After a bottle of Lquid Plummer I was able to wash away some of that nastiness with water. But this still remained..

I got the rust stain off with Shaklee DeGreaser

And the rest came off with the Scour Off paste

(that seemingly black smudge is a shadow)

I used the paste and degreaser on the rest of the tub and it looks nice. The best part was I did not have to wear gloves(although you should with the paste), there were no toxic fumes(it smelled like cherries) and I could sit in the bathtub while I cleaned.

The next day I went for the floors. Bathroom and Kitchen. The Kitchen was the big one.





I honestly have no idea how I let it get this way

TJ swept, then I used a new toy.

The Cedar Pro Mist. I learned about it from Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons here I like this because you use your own cleaner and you can use their cleaning pads or any other kinds!! This is good as I still have Swiffer dry cloths. For the cleaner I used Basic H and water.




Now it's clean(er). And I bought a new mat as a reward ($5 at Walmart).

I did the bathroom floors as well(but did not take pictures)

Week 4 Challenge(this week's) was "choose one (or more) traditional spring cleaning tasks and find a spot in your home where you can add a touch of spring with some decorating". After discovering Ask Anna and her posts on Cleaning Your Dishwasher and Cleaning Your Washing Machine I chose those 2 tasks. No pictures, but they look great!! I also decorated my hutch

It is not anyone's birthday, the candle just went good with the blue melamine cups!!

I am not linking this one, but please check out the links I have throughout this post :)

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

the floor came out great!! lots of hard work you've done this week to meet your challenges! WTG!

betty