Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Anxiety Angst

For some strange reason I am experiencing high anxiety today. And I am not really sure why.

It started this morning. I thought maybe I was just overly anxious to get our rental car and had to wait until 8:30. But it felt like something else was going on. To be safe I took a Pamprin (it helps with PMS irritability so I figured it would calm the anxiety without knocking me out like Xanax). I still felt a little on edge when I got to school, but soon I felt mellower and was fine the rest of the day.

Then, just awhile ago the anxiety started coming back. Usually when I have anxiety it is related to something specific. I am not feeling anxious about anything in particular. Now, there is a bunch of stuff I need to get done, but I haven't been dwelling on it(which does cause anxiety) so I don't think it's that.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that in another life, TJ was supposed to leave today. I have been very aware of this all day and grateful he didn't, but maybe there is a part of me that worries that he still might.

Maybe it is part of PMS. Usually I get really irritable, but maybe this time it is manifesting as anxiety.

Or maybe I am pregnant? I highly doubt that. I have never heard of anxiety being a symptom of pregnancy!! Is it?? I don't think so.

Anyone else struggle with anxiety?

3 comments:

Kim said...

Big time. I personally think everything you are going through with probate is affecting you. Try to knock out the caffeine and see if that helps.

Robyn :) said...

Well, I didn't have any caffeine yesterday, so i didn't think that was a factor. I avoided it this morning, but did have some with lunch. Maybe it caught up with me?

That corgi :) said...

So sorry about the anxiety. I sympathize with you; I suffer from anxiety and there are days where I have to remind myself to just breathe. I usually just try to say a little prayer.

hoping it passes sooner than later!

betty