Thursday, April 21, 2011

Like I Needed Another Reason....

If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know that I absolutely love Criminal Minds. I am pretty much addicted to watching it(though I have cut back a bit LOL). My favorite character is Dr. Reid, but I love all the characters as well. And the people who play them.

I also read the Criminal Minds Fanatic Blog. Yesterday they posted the transcript from a live chat they did with Thomas Gibson who plays Hotchner. I was very impressed and moved by one of the things he had to say...

"Thomas_Gibson: I would also like to say something before we go forward. We as a cast and a family on CM would like to ask our fans to please be more supportive of Rachel Nichols. She is a great person and a terrific actress who has tackled a very challenging situation with professionalism and talent and while we understand the fans being very protective of this show, we also ask that you extend her your support...thank you!"


Let me give a you a bit of background. Rachel Nichols joined the cast this year after A.J. Cook, who played JJ, left. I think a lot of fans felt that they were trying to replace JJ with this new girl. Therefore, the sentiment towards her was not very nice. Then Paget Brewster, who played Emily, left. Now it seems like this new girl is replacing not one, but 2 beloved characters. People did not like this. I noticed in a lot of the comments that most people did not have nice things to say about her. Which is really sad.

I imagine that it must be very hard to join a show which already has an established cast and fans that love that cast. Imagine how much harder it is when you know that the fans do not like you, not because of your performance or personality, but simply because you are not someone else.

Imagine if your castmates were resentful of you, too. Luckily, from the above quote, this does not seem to be the case. The fact that one of them is speaking out in support of "the new girl" and making it clear that the rest of the cast also feels the same way is just another reason why I love this show and its cast so much!!

If you want to read the whole transcript of the chat go HERE

Also, as a side note, A.J. Cook will be returning next year. Yay!

No comments: