Saturday, April 2, 2011

Productivity and Spirituality

Our church's General Conference is this weekend. It is when the Prophet/president of the LDS church plus his counselors and other leaders speak to us. You can go to your church building and watch on satellite(have you ever noticed that most Mormon meetinghouses have a giant satellite dish ourside??), you can watch it on BYU TV (if you have dish network) OR you can watch it online. I opted to watch today's sessions online. (there are 4 sessions, 2 Saturday and 2 on Sunday).

Now, it is preferable that one watches while doing nothing else, except maybe taking notes. After all, these are inspired men, giving us spiritual nourishment. It is important and we can learn a lot. However, I did not do this. I cleaned while watching.

Let me just take a moment to say that it is a small accomplishment that I am even making an effort to watch all 4 sessions of Conference. I did manage to attend one session last October, but before that I can't recall if I attended any the past couple years.

This morning I slept in(with Scout) until 10am and then read some scriptures and then fell back asleep. LOL I woke up right before 11 in time to watch Conference. During the first session I worked in the kitchen. I cleaned and organized my freezer(I will have a post on this), ran the dishwasher and cleaned the counters and stove.

After, I had 2 hours until the next session. I went down to the Great Escapes Expo and got a bunch of brochures from different places in Kansas(Marion County even gave me 4 seed packets!!). I plan on doing some exploring this summer. Then I went to the Mexican market and got some Horchata(I will post on this as well). Then I went to the DAV Thrift store and donated 3 bags of stuff. I found a few more things this morning, but have decided since I have some lawn chairs to sell I will participate in the Post Wide Garage Sales in May and sell anything else I find. If it doesn't sell I will donate it then. Then I went to the Commissary.

When I got back home I watched the next session of Conference while working in my craftroom(putting stuff from the last crop away, organizing, purging). I have a few things to take with me to the Diva Designs Crop next month for the swap table.

This evening I am watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, reading blogs and straightening up the livingroom. After I plan to read before going to sleep.

It's been a very good Saturday :)

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

glad it was a good Saturday! Seemed like you did accomplish a lot!! I used to listen to sermons on the radio when I would exercise and get lots of useful information from them, so I can see that you could listen to the sessions you were listening to as you were also being productive around the house

betty

Erin said...

Hey Robyn, thanks for visiting my blog. I LOVE General Conference weekend and I feel doubly virtuous listening to conference while I clean and cook. Your menu plan for the week sounds yummy; I need to work on that as well. Cheers!