Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday in OP

Hey all!! How is your Easter weekend going? Mine has been fabulous, but busy!!

Last night I cleaned up the livingroom, hardboiled some eggs, cleaned up the kitchen, unloaded and reloaded and ran the dishwasher. Oh, and during the day I went on a field trip to the zoo (I will have a post soon).

Today I slept in until about 8:30. After getting dressed and everything I filled 2 coolers with ice and headed out to Overland Park. It is a 2 hour drive!!

The first place I stopped at was The Scrapbook Page and the second was Scrapbook Unique. I was able to get some papers I haven't seen at the Topeka scrapbook store and panorama page protectors.

Then I headed down to this place...

This is the only one I have ever found in Kansas. Ironic considering the Slurpee was invented in Kansas.

I love Slurpees. Some times on July 11th (7-11, get it?)they have free Slurpees.

Next I went cupcake shop hunting. Do you know how long I have looked for this place???

I finally found it today and wouldn't you know they were closed????

I have been here before.

I got cupcakes for my neighbors

Then I went to a new one

Pretty box

Pretty cupcakes!!

Clockwise from top left -- Orange Dreamsicle, Champagne, Gluten free vanilla, and Strawberry Limeade.

Next it was time to pick up the Honeybaked Ham!! It was further north than I realized. There was a bit of a wait(which I expected), but I got a beautiful ham (pictures tomorrow) and some Kings Hawaiian rolls.

Then I headed back south.

I thought the geese looked cool :) My next 3 stops were Michaels, Archivers (another scrapbook store) and Mardells(Christian-school supply-office supply store). Then it was time for grocery shopping!!

Every market should have one of these

I could go broke shopping there regularly LOL!! Actually, I found a lot of really cool things like locally made edamame dip, a variety of cooking oils, fancy veggies, and different kinds of milk. I even found premade Horchata!!

When I was done I got some Avocado egg rolls and cheesecake from here

I got mango lime for myself and strawberry for TJ :)

Then it was time to head home. Once here I got everything put away then baked a cake, boiled more eggs, wrapped a few, emptied the dishwasher and cleaned a bathroom. And put in a load of laundry.

I am exhausted LOL!!

Tomorrow I will have a special edition of Sunday cooking.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

You had a full and busy day hitting up all those spots! Those cupcakes look divine!! And who can resist a Cheesecake Factory and their cheesecake??

hope you have a great Easter!

betty