Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Cooking and Menu Planning

**My camera is broken(the battery won't stay in) so not all my pictures came out.

*** The challenge at A Bowl Full of Lemons this week is Menu Planning, which actually ties in to my Sunday Cooking. I will explain at the end.

This week's recipes come from The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook, which I checked out of the library. We have Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Hot Artichoke Dip and a Chuck Roast.

Pico de Gallo


Guacamole


The next picture was lost :( You just mix the mashed avocado with some of the pico de gallo.

I have a story about the avocado. Yesterday I went to the lone Mexican market in town and found some Horchata concentrate. I needed to pay with my debit card and there was a minimum which I was a few cents short of, so I grabbed an avocado from the counter and it was perfectly ripe for the guacamole :)

Hot Artichoke Dip. Ingredients were artichokes, mayo, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese. This is the only picture that survived

Chuck Roast



And no more pictures survived :( Stupid camera. Anyway, you put all the ingredients together with beef broth and cook for a few hours :)

Now, about menu planning. I don't really menu plan as much as I meal plan. What I do is look through a cookbook(or 2) and find some recipes, add the ingredients I don't have to my grocery list, go shopping Friday or Saturday and then cook the meals for the week on Sunday. Simple. Now, if you have kids, this may not be enough of a plan. Click the link above for Menu Planning and you will get some awesome tips for planning meals for your family. But for me and my husband what I do is enough :)


I am linking to

4 comments:

Kim said...

You have a Mexican market in town? Wow!

Robyn :) said...

YES!!! It hasn't been there too long and is a bit small, but they had Horchata which is all that matters LOL.

That corgi :) said...

I like how you meal plan! Get it all done in one day and then just pull out what you are going to eat for each day; I bet for working couples like you it makes perfect sense!! Will have to try that down the road!!

the pico de Gallo looks delicious!

betty

Tia said...

I do my meal "planning" almost the same way you do and I have 2 kids. :) It works out great!