Friday, May 27, 2011
MilSpouse Friday Fill In
I haven't done this in awhile but I kinda had to do it this week. Why? Look at number 5 :)
1. Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day?
Some. Especially if they are veterans or civic minded. I think most people, though, see it as a party weekend to barbecue. Which is fine, but take a minute to think of the real meaning.
2. What are your plans for the Memorial Day weekend?
Well, it is a 4-day for TJ so we had an afternoon date today. This evening he is going with the American Legion to put flags on graves. On Monday we are going to try to go to Worlds of Fun or Oceans of Fun(depends on the weather) because it is free for TJ.
3. What skill/talent do you wish you had? submitted by The 3 Turners
Either singing, piano or guitar. Or dancing.
4. Which came first: The chicken or the egg? submitted by I Married Into the Army
5. What is the best thing about your post (base)? The worst? submitted by Randomly, Robyn
I submitted this question!!! The best is the rich history. Fort Riley was established back in 1860 something. Also, the pools are free.
The worst is the constant road work and when they close the most used gates. And some of the homes are a little weird, like ours LOL. But it could be worse.
More fill-ins can be found at Wife of a Sailor