Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Cooking -- Stir Fry and Risotto

I didn't feel like cooking on Sunday and since I had today off I decided to do my cooking today. However, I only made one meal. Later this week I will be making pasta with homemade sauce.

But for today there was Florentine Risotto(spinach and mushroom)

Vegan and gluten free

And Stir Fry

Sauteing the rice with Olive Oil

Water and dry mixture

The results!

I will take you step by step through my stir fry. I decided to use Avocado Oil today.

Swiss chard stalks(I like them for their colors and tangy flavor)

Zucchini

Swiss chard leaves

I decided it needed more zucchini

Time to decide on spices

Then I added the yellow pear tomatoes

Done.

Wait! You didn't think I was going to leave the risotto all by it's lonesome, did you?

Now it is ready

Served up in a square Corelle bowl

I also put some aside for lunch tomorrow

With a little something extra

I found this dip at Whole Foods

The lady that makes it was there giving samples. It is sooooo delicious

I like it with carrots, but you can also use chips or crackers. Or mix it in a stir fry :)

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I like what you put in the stir fry; we go with "traditional" veggies, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms. Will have to try some of the ones you did! That dip does look good!! glad you had the day off today!

betty